free email marketing service

REGISTER & RECEIVE FREE NEWSLETTERS

Saturday, March 26, 2011

WHAT IS YOUR SENSE OF SECURITY?

March 25, 2011
SENSE OF SECURITY
Just finished with my dialysis procedure and I am waiting for my ride home.  Its past 6:00 p.m.    I feel great.  It’s like being reborn!  But sometimes it’s the opposite, you feel like slowly sinking in quicksand.

Where do you feel most  secured.?  I am sure most of you feel a sense of security when you are at home with family.  Or just being with someone you love and trust.
I feel secure when I am at the hospital.  Find it weird?  Yes it’s true. It’s been more than 13 years, going in and out of my second residence.  There were times when I spend more days here than home.  I feel so happy when I am with my nurses and doctors.  And of course when I am able to console fellow patients.  It comes out natural because I know how it feels.   Think of it, if you try to do this good deed.  Isn’t it a very gratifying feeling?  Knowing that you made someone smile or just touched his hand to show support and love. 

DO IT NOW!   Most of the time we regret that we have not done things which we should have.  Then blame ourselves or worst others for not being able to.
Looking back and reminiscing things that happened to me when I had my “spinal cord” operation  in 1998.  My experience  as much as I want to forget still gives me so much pain.  Because I am  just human.  The worst thing is if you have been wronged by someone that you gave youe life to.  Someone you are prepared to die for.  And someone you expect to be with forever.  You don’t ever leave someone who is sick, no matter what you reason are.   Worst if your intention is to save yourself.
I understand that my ex-wife was just human.  She was weak.  But maybe the foundation of our love was not that solid and strong.  Because why should someone abandon you at the worst time of your life.  A time when you need her most.  She was so afraid of losing everything.  She was so attached to all our worldly possessions.  She was afraid of being poor again. 

Do not be concerned so much with losing materials things.  These are only temporary.   Yes, we need money to pay for a lot of things.  BUT, you can’t buy salvation.  You just EARN POINTS!  Only the LORD can take or give away wealth. 
Wealth comes after faith.  The LORD will use somebody or an event to answer for all your needs.  Just believe and be faithful.  The LORD’s generosity never fails me. 

In the morning I talk to him and say “LORD BAHALA KANA”  and when I get a chance, anytime of the day I say “SALAMAT LORD” ....and when the pain is unbearable I plead, ”Masakit po, ok lang  po ba kung pwedeng time out muna? , bukas naman ang sakit”


Have a happy weekend.  Kiss and hug the people you love.  Pray for the people you hate.  Help the poor.

LIVE YOUR LIFE BY LOVING OTHERS

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome blog Gerard! I've read your stories and experiences from Day 1 and will continue to do so. Please keep sharing! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerald,

    There is no need to fear. Your angels will always be with you - no matter what! remember, there are always two angels around you 24/7.

    Auntie Tessie Gonzales of Alaska

    ReplyDelete