free email marketing service

REGISTER & RECEIVE FREE NEWSLETTERS

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

WEALTH COMES AFTER FAITH

March 29, 2011

WEALTH COMES AFTER FAITH

My recollection of the first money I earned was when our group “San Beda College Chorale” was invited to sing in a funeral.  It was a funny experience because our host liked our classical songs so much, he was in tears.  I will never forget that he was sobbing and suddenly blew his nose on the white envelope where he inserted the money for us.  It was ok , what was important is the money was  inside.
My share was P 300.00…I was 17 years old.  “My first taste of income” .  I went home so happy because in my heart I knew that with this amount I will be able to bring something for my mom, brother & sister.  We were in little bit of financial trouble then.  My mom was trying her best to make ends meet.   She never complained.  My mom was always smiling, always happy.   Full of zest and vitality.
With that P300.00 I wanted to buy food that will make her and my siblings happy.   I went to the grocery to  buy – hotcake mix, anchor butter and maple syrup.  These were LUXURIES that we can’t afford at that time.  It was a big surprise.  I could just imagine their smiling and happy faces.  SHE WAS NOT SMILING AT FIRST.  Tears flowed from her eyes.  I KNEW THAT I MADE MY MOM HAPPY and PROUD.
How about you?  How did you spend your first earning?  I hope you shared it with the people dear to you.  Did you start paying for your educational loans or college expenses?   Other obligations you promised to pay as soon as you started working.   Believe me, the feeling of sharing is better than spending.
What about when you are in a restaurant? And suddenly some dirty kids approached you and ask for food?   Would you tell them to go away?  Or Give them food?   Sometimes I am guilty of being selfish myself.  But, what if we ALL do a good deed starting today!  Let us try our best to feed the hungry.  But, please use your better judgment.   Better give food than money.
People complain about many things.  But, most of the time MONEY.  We are so engrossed in having money.  It’s like the only important matter in our lives.  Please try to contemplate that all the riches and fortune in this world will NEVER buy you a place in HEAVEN.  In paradise there no such thing as rich or poor.  All children of GOD. 
I have experienced having so much and also having nothing.  Being envied and given pity.  I lost my ability to walk.  Lost all my money.  Did not see my kids and Lose my wife to a FRIEND.  ALL AT THE SAME TIME.  One thing I learned from this chapter in my life.  WEALTH COMES AND GOES.  The LORD can take it away.  Yes, I lost everything but not my FAITH.  That the LORD has a purpose for all of this.    You will be amazed In the LORD’S generosity.  Please wait and be patient.  It will come in HIS time.
Have a pleasant week ahead!

" LIVE YOU LIFE BY LOVING OTHERS "

Visit our Blog for your comments :



Gerald R. Raymundo
gerald@geraldraymundo.com

1 comment: