free email marketing service

REGISTER & RECEIVE FREE NEWSLETTERS

Monday, April 11, 2011

EACH OF US HAS AN ANGEL

April 11, 2011

EACH OF US HAS AN ANGEL
I remember 29 years ago.  We went to a medical and church mission to Fuga Island.  It’s a private island which used to be owned by Mr. Alfonso Lim now by the Tan Yus.  It’s probably one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.  The coral formation is virtually untouched and the marine life seems to think that people are also like them.  We spent a couple of days in that island with the priest principal of our high school - ASJ and some doctors and nurses.  Luckily the head doctor was my uncle Billy, he was nice enough to bring me along to be the assistant of Fr. Cabahug.  I still remember the day when we saw a couple of giant turtles in front of our cottage and thousands of small  crabs along the beach.  God really made our world the most beautiful  place to live in.  Because he loved us so much he gave us the gift of partaking its bounty.  We were also given the responsibility of being Earth’s guardian and caretakers.
One afternoon, after church service in one of the barrios, Fr. Cabahug I and my Uncle Albert hurried back to the beach to snorkel.  It was one of the highlight of our trip and the marine and coral life of the island is beyond anything you have seen before.     We were swimming to our heart’s delight until a minor tragedy struck us.  We were in the middle of the coral reef far from shore and I suddenly had  “LEG CRAMPS” the pain was terrible and I was sinking fast.  I thought it was my last day on earth.  But my uncle albert was there to the rescue.  He was like an angel swooping down from heaven to save me.  He instructed me to try my best to just float and he will push me back to shore.  So that’s what he did, even getting wounds on his feet because he had to stand on some spiny corals to get strength when he pushed me to shore.  He was truly my guardian angel. 
I am with my uncle albert every day and we never discussed this incident since the day it happened.  Each of us has our own guardian angel.  Some say that angels only come from heaven.  I say that in our own way we can be angels to others.  My Uncle Albert was the angel who paid for my college tuition and expenses, he was the angel who gave me numerous expensive gifts, he is still the angel that guides me through my life’s journey.  Just last night he told me that I am fortunate because even if I am disabled I can still be of service to others.  Still the person that people can count on.  I love my uncle albert very much.  And as my sign of gratitude I will be the best guardian angel to his children.
Imagine, if every one of us try to be another person’s angel.  We will have a better world.  It’s not all financial.  Sometimes an embrace, a hug and a touch on the hand will be more than enough and can do wonders for somebody who is lost.  You can be that light.  Your light will never decrease in brilliance even if you share it to a lot of people.
 LIVE YOUR LIFE BY LOVING OTHERS

No comments:

Post a Comment