free email marketing service

REGISTER & RECEIVE FREE NEWSLETTERS

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A SIMPLE STORY ABOUT COMMITMENT

A SIMPLE STORY ABOUT COMMITMENT
I have been feeling down  this past few days.  Can’t explain.  Have you ever been  in a situation where things are so difficult  and  no matter how much you try, things stays the same or even worst.
These are instances when it’s nice to watch a movie, telenovela or “ willing willy “.  Ok. I can see a lot of negative reactions or a long silence.   But that’s the way I am.  I like to have  a good cry when I am depressed or not feeling well.   It is like eliminating “toxins” in my body thru CRYING.  I cry when I feel that people need to be uplifted from their lowly situation.   When contestants tell their story to wiily and you could really see their need of  help…These things make me cry.  I cry because I can’t do something to assist them.  I cry because I  thank  the LORD that despite of my disability I am still more fortunate than them.
Yes, Willy Revllame might be extra naughty or obnoxious…but, please give the guy credit…HE MAKES PEOPLE HAPPY AND TAKES THEM OUT OF THEIR MISERIES.   Can you say the same about yourself?
I was invited last Thursday to studio 23 first kabarkada choice award.  We sponsored all of the trophies that were given to the winners.  It was a good experience and added exposure to our brand.  The highlight of the event was my photo opportunity with the football stars - Askals ( Phil & James Younghusband).   Although, I had a slight fever I still went to the event because it was a commitment I had to promote the company.

How do you handle commitment?  Commitment is very important!  Delivering on your commitment might make or break your business.  Sometimes things are beyond our control, but try your best to make good of your commitment.
Six years ago, I had a very funny experience.  I was requested by a client to meet him in Batangas City.  It was a project for the Provincial Government of Batangas.  I was commissioned to sculpt a miniature model of their provincial capitol.  I had stomach ache that morning but I still left for Batangas late in the afternoon.   While along south super highway near the Sta. Elena exit…..I suddenly felt a gush of slimy and indescribable liquid and mushy matter on my pants.  I knew I was in trouble. But  if I did not move much,  I was safe because I was seated in a wheelchair.  Hahahahahaha !    I told myself  “If you don’t move it won’t smell”. 
I had to make a decision whether to continue my Batangas trip or just go back home.   I know the consequences of not being able to meet my client.  My company needed the project, so I decided to continue with the  journey to Batangas City. It was all a matter of commitment.
Sometimes we forgo of our personal interest for things such as these.  My story might be too graphic or gross but that’s how things are …… S_ _T  HAPPENS.   Self sacrifice for the good of the many.
Our Lord Jesus Christ had a commitment to us.  It was to SAVE US.  Even  by  losing his life and suffer unbearable pain and humiliation…..He still made good of his commitment.  Imagine, wouldn’t it be a tragedy for all of us when the word “commitment” is just one of those things.

2 comments:

  1. Kuya Gerald,

    Thanks for sharing us your story. I been following your blog since Day 1.

    God Bless,
    Red (Pinoy Virtual Info-Preneur)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone once told me, "tears are a gift from God." I was reminded of that when I read your post. God bless you who are very blessed.

    ReplyDelete